Location: Raleigh, NC (or Remote)
BlueLena is the industry leading technology-enabled marketing solutions provider for newsmedia. Our audience marketing platform and strategic managed services deliver sustainable revenue for community journalism by providing the technology, proven best practices and marketing expertise to develop loyal audiences and grow reader support. We provide publishers with hands-on help, aiding resource-strapped teams to execute with the efficiency of a global media organization.
We are seeking a Marketing Automation Specialist to join our fast-paced, mission-driven team.
- Diverse and inclusive
- The strategic partner for a diverse coalition of community-based media organizations
BlueLena drives rapid audience growth and monetization by working with publishers and editors to align their business models, content strategies and audiences’ needs. We believe high-quality, relevant and credible community-based journalism is vital to a democratic society and we are committed to building a long-term sustainable future for local media.
The Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for building and executing multichannel digital marketing campaigns, leveraging our industry-leading customer experience automation (CXA) platform powered by ActiveCampaign. Success in this role is defined by accomplishing audience engagement and revenue growth as measured by registered user gains and paid conversion metrics. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, impactful organization with substantial professional growth.
Salary Range: $50,000–60,000 plus bonus (10% of base salary)
- Become the subject matter expert on our customer experience automation (CXA) platform, including operationalizing the tools for email acquisition, campaign management, creative asset management and partner services.
- Build and execute highly standardized and customized campaigns based on proven best practices.
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of building, executing and monitoring automated marketing campaigns on behalf of a large collection of newsmedia and non-profit organizations.
- Support the timely implementation and seamless onboarding of new customers to the BlueLena Marketing Platform, including the tasks associated with configuring standardized campaigns.
- Assist Marketing Communications Strategist with designing, editing and proofing marketing copy.
Typical Daily Tasks:
- Resource the customer instances of the BlueLena Marketing Platform to build marketing communications and execute the customer lifecycle management curriculum.
- Collaborate with internal teams to schedule deliverables and ensure project success.
- Identifies process gaps and makes recommendations to continuously improve the onboarding process, while identifying and managing program risks effectively.
- Communicates milestones to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Continuously train to become an expert on BlueLena’s marketing stack, digital marketing concepts and media industry trends.
Must be able to multi-task and keep on top on multiple priorities and clients simultaneously. Knowledge of email marketing, social media, editorial/content strategy, news audience development and/or user experience is a critical requirement, as is the aptitude and appetite for continuous learning. Organizational and strong interpersonal communication skills required; ability to think analytically and problem solve. MS Office proficiency.
The ideal candidate is a creative, empathetic problem-solver with a strong understanding of the marketing funnel, best practices in lifecycle management, and expert at designing automation journeys that drive engagement, activation, conversion and long-term loyalty. Our clients’ jobs are difficult, and our primary goal is making financial sustainability a reality without overly burdening them. The ideal candidate will think beyond the solutions available today, identifying emerging needs within the client base and proposing solutions that we can build and scale across our network.
Not you but think you have something to offer? Job descriptions are tough to write and rarely comprehensive. The above is only one way we’ve envisioned this role. We welcome people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply; come with a passion for supporting the independent news ecosystem and an ability to learn and tell us how you think you can make an impact with BlueLena.
To apply, please send a short email to email@example.com outlining how you would make an impact at BlueLena. Include a resume or LinkedIn link. Subject line “Marketing Automation Specialist.”
BlueLena was founded in 2020 by an experienced team of journalists and newsmedia marketing executives to create a sustainable future for independent local media. We do so by deploying world class technology and delivering the expertise and professional services to build and support subscription, membership and donation models for long-term success. Today we support over 150 newsrooms across the United States and Canada.
The BlueLena publishing membership represents a diverse mix of non-profit and for-profit newsrooms, including pure digital and hybrid print + digital publications, as well as established and new media brands. Our clients represent membership with the Association of Alternative Newsmedia (AAN), LION Publishers, the Institute for Nonprofit News (INN), the National Association of Hispanic Press (NAHP), the Black Press Association (NNPA), and the Local Media Association (LMA).
We facilitate the sharing of best practices through a weekly newsletter, community Slack channel, and monthly Zoom meetings where we spotlight success stories from across the BlueLena publisher consortium.
BlueLena is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how you would make an impact at BlueLena. Include a resume or LinkedIn link.