Christine Holbert joins BlueLena as the Head of Audience Engagement where she will work with newsrooms to identify and communicate their value propositions, training them to win readers over through storytelling about their mission and journalism.
Christine is a communications professional who specializes in fundraising and engagement campaigns. Prior to joining BlueLena, she managed the email program at WHYY, the Greater Philadelphia region’s public media station, where she created and edited fundraising, marketing and engagement campaigns reaching over 400,000 subscribers each week.
She knows that the power of engaging messaging lies in storytelling. Stories drive action – so how a story is told is the most important aspect of any campaign, whether it is a membership ask, programming insight, or breaking news update.
In addition to her extensive writing experience, Christine is a professor of English and holds a BA in Spanish from Eastern University and an MA in sociocultural linguistics from Goldsmiths University of London. She lives in Philadelphia, where you can mostly catch her running on Kelly Drive.
Get to know Christine:
- Hobbies: Running, baking, reading, attempting to learn other languages
- Favorite City: London
- Favorite Books: Exhalation by Ted Chiang, A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles, Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders, and Pachinko by Lee Min-Jin
- Favorite Meal: A BLT in peak summer
- Favorite Movie: Any period drama that doesn’t take itself too seriously
- Secret Superpower: Laboring over seemingly inconsequential word choices