Daniel Williams is the co-founder and CEO of BlueLena. He is an experienced entrepreneur and senior media executive who has been an industry leader in audience-driven media management for over two decades. Daniel began his career with the McClatchy Company and has held management roles with the New York Times Company, The Day Publishing Company and Gannett. In 2011, he co-founded and led LEAP Media Solutions as its CEO for six years through its acquisition by BlueVenn, where he remained on for two years as its President, US division until December, 2019.
Daniel’s work in developing LEAP’s proprietary Targeted Growth Model, as well as implementing The Day’s industry-pioneering all-access membership model, have been adopted as an industry best practice. He is an active speaker, at the Association of Alternative Newmedia (AAN), International Newsmedia Marketing Association (INMA) and the Local Media Association (LMA), among other organizations. Daniel has served on the INMA North American Board of Directors and is a member of the Local Media Association Chief Digital Officer’s Club and the Wolfpack Investor Network.
Daniel is a graduate of NC State University and resides in Cary, NC with his wife Tammy and three children.
Get to know Daniel:
- Hobbies: Running, hiking, college football
- Favorite Artist: The Rolling Stones
- Favorite Book: An Hour Before Daylight (Jimmy Carter)
- Favorite City: Boston
- Favorite Meal: Kerala Chicken Curry
- Favorite Movie: The Godfather
- Favorite Podcast: Club Random (Bill Maher)
- Secret Superpower: Can locate a fastball anywhere you want on or off the plate